Saturday, August 05, 2006

Lollapalooza.



Okay, quick recap for the first day. I have some awesome pics but they prob won't be posted till Monday...anyway. I just HAD to get this out...

1. The Subways. Cam and I went and saw the first set at 1230...the subways. I knew when they came out I would have a fun time b/c the lead singer was wearing a Newbury Comics tshirt and the drummer was wearing an Amoeba Music tshirt. *sigh* Anyway, I could have done without the girl bassist who thought she was SO hot. She was quite annoying w/ her mannerisms and such. Otherwise, they rocked. Hardcore. And we were close enough so I felt like I was participating. But he used the f-word alot.

2. aqualung. Little bit of a disappointment. But, I never knew the lead singers voice could sound so much like Bonos. Which was HOT.

3. eels. They came out in matching jumpsuits. No joke. Fun set and they started out with Saturday Morning -- my favorite song of theirs.

4. Stars. The MOST dissapointing set of the day...so sad. I was so looking forward to them b/c I'm loving set yourself on fire. THey had no energy, the woman was annoying, and the lead singer was a pansy. For real. And the editors were playing at the same time, and i missed them. b/c I saw stars...grrr.

5. Ryan Adams. I loved him! I have a new crush. He talked about eggs and how he likes to eat them after 11 and restaurants won't serve them after 11. So funny. And we were close and they ROCKED.

6. Break...we were goign to see iron and wine but we ate instead.

7. The Raconteurs. I think my favorite set of the day...for sure. They ROCKED. Although we couldn't get close b/c there were so many people, I just had to watch them on the big screen, but their album is so good...and even better live. Steady as She goes, Hands, Level, yellow sun...*sigh* And...the second to last song of the set was a cover of CRAZY. And I was loving it. Even better than the original. I really hope they release that somehow...
This is Jack's rocking guitar...so awesome.

8. Violent Femmes. So fun! They are so old and still rock out. They of course played blister in the sun...and the sun was just setting so that was appropriate.

9. Death Cab. BO-RING! Cam and I were so tired from standing all day and it was so freakin hot and we were dead...and death cab also was really funny b/c the only thing they said was that STARS was an awesome band and so cam and I laughed b/c we didn't think stars were awesome and death cab was lame-o too.

10. Ween. nEver even heard of them, but when we walked over there were lots of fireworks above the field museum and the band was playing a fife. what.

I have So so so so much more to tell you all about.

It was so fun people watching at this place too. I have to say, this is my first outdoor music festival...I'm such a fan! Cept we baked and my nose is pink! My brothers is red so Iguess I fared a little better. :-)

CANT WAIT for tomorrow. And pics will follow! I have so many good ones!

1 comment:

k8 said...

WHAT!?!?!?
I did NOT know that Ryan Adams was at Lallapalloza this year! I was a wee bit jealous before but now it's pushed over into what we call "wicked jealous".

Too bad Stars weren't good-I promise they usually are.

So glad you are having so much fun!