Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Art. More Art.

Wow. Its been WAY too long since I've written...so sad. Remember that BOREDOM post I blogged about a week ago...I told you I would be eating my words. I've been SO BUSY with interviewing and moving and new york city that I haven't even gotten a chance to blog. So its 1:02 AM and I'm on a total natural high...not even running on caffeine this time!

*sigh*

My brother sent me the greatest pics from NY. His camera is so ROCKIN. I mean I knew it before, but man, it actually does capture the rich textures of Van Gogh's paintings...and you know what that means...cam took lots of pics!

NYC is an amazing city. Really. It had been about a year and a half since I'd been back. I am in love with the architecture and the fact that there is always something going on...so fun! So we drove down Tuesday night...Cam is so great how he can get places fast...3 hours later we were on the Upper East Side with Ms. Ripsy Bandourian...one of my favorite people OF ALL TIME. I wished she had stayed in Boston...*sigh*. Anyway, she has the most adorable and actually, really spacious Manhattan apt. And I love the art that she has hanging in her rooms.

Wed morning Cam and I got a start on the museums we wanted to do. First up, the GUGGENHEIM. It was my first time there and I loved the building. I wasn't too thrilled about the current main exhibit, called Zaha Hadid. She was an architect but it was funny b/c she never actually built anything...she just drew up tons of crazy looking stuff. BUT still very interesting. I wished her buildings had been built so I could see the craziness in reality. That would have been cool.
Here's a view from the ground floor of the guggenheim...isn't it awesome? Its got this great swirly action going on...yes that is a technical term. Frank Lloyd Wright baby.

Me concentrating on starting up the fabulous free audio guide.


See what I mean? Thats supposed to be some night club in Hong Kong or something...WHAT.


This is a building?

Despite the unrealistic drawings of the buildings, I still found it interesting.

Anyway, I loved the permanent collection...lots of Kandinsky and they had a Jackson Pollock drawings exhibit that was cool.

After the Guggenheim, we headed straight for the Met. Oh man, I forgot how much I LOVE this museum. Its SO HUGE. And I had to see the vermeers. The vermeers! He's my favorite painter of all time. I'm so obsessed with seeing his paintings in person because pictures DO NOT do him justice. And I love the Met in how diverse its collection is. It spans the whole history of the world...wow. And now i'm going to stop talking and post pics. :-)



Tiffany mosiac. The pic doesn't do it justice.



Georgia O'Keefe. One of my favs.


*sigh* My beloved bridge.


POLLOCK.


Chagall. Another one of my favs.


Lichenstein: genius.


Yves Klein. Check out the texture Cam can capture on his camera. CRAZY.


Finally...a camera that can get up close and personal with Van Gogh.


I have no idea how Cam actually captured this yawn. Classic. The truth comes out, I actually hate art. Just kidding!

I blended quite nicely with my peach shirt into this color scheme. Too bad the lighting doesn't show my beau-ti-ful shirt. :-)

3 comments:

k8 said...

the texture in Van Gogh's paintings actually gets me chocked up. you just don't really get his talent until you are standing in front of it. cam's photos turned out awesome though that's for sure.

kt said...

Ahhhhhh. so great!

Alli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.