Monday, September 18, 2006

The Coke Quest.

Every year in our family Christmas letter, each member of the family gets a little paragraph that highlights the important life changing events that took place in the last year in their life. Last year, my mom wrote about how my brother gained premier status on United for racking up so many miles on his trips to Brazil, Argentina, and Thailand. Besides being jealous that Cam now gets treated like a king on United (read: shorter security lines), I was inspired to accomplish something with my life too.

So when I saw that Coke introduced Coke Rewards last january and I saw that they were offering a free year of blockbuster rentals, I decided I would seek after that glorious prize. I was already drinking one bottle of coke a day, how hard could it be to rack up enough points? Well, its been tough. When I started in January, one free year of blockbuster rentals would only cost me 1400 points. Since then, Coke has decided to raise the amount of points needed to 1870. But I've pressed on. I've had great support from my fellow coke drinkers, but I'm calling for more help. I have about 600 points right now, and I need 1870 by January to reach my goal.

All you need to do is save those little red bottle caps from your coke, diet coke, coke w/ lime, diet cherry vanilla coke, etc. Then hand them to me. Or even if you don't live close, you can always email (thanks corey!) the code and then I can input it to my account online.

Together we can accomplish great things.

Like me getting a mention in the next family Christmas Letter.

11 comments:

CoCo said...

I support all ambitious and legit quests. BTW: I have a few more codes coming your way. I wish that I could have put a little tracking code on my contributions b/c they have come from all over the US. :)

k8 said...

this is the best idea i have heard of in years. i am totally on board to help!

jocie said...

so do you only get points for bottles, and not cans? because my work fridge is stocked to the gills with cans of diet coke and it would be my pleasure to hook you up. clarify the rules and we'll go from there. go team!

kt said...

yeah - if we're going to send you our coke bottle lids, then you better do some nice analytics on where they all came from, who sent you the most, and of course PRIZES.

I'm demanding.

Brian said...

Mmmm, wish I could help. I have stock in Pepsi, and it would be against my best interest based on principle alone to help you in your quest.

Besides, doesn't Pepsi taste better anyway?

Whits said...

TO answer the numerous comments in one comment:

1. No, pepsi does NOT taste better. This is even proven in national taste tests. Although most people preferred the taste of pepsi at first taste, they found that the taste testers could not finish a whole bottle of pepsi because they disliked the taste.

2. Not only bottle caps, but if you buy the fridge pack, it comes with a code, and that is worth 10 points while caps are worth 3. So, if you can snag the outer case at work then that is where you would find the code.

3. And yes, I will keep tabs. But, Corey has given many many many codes already that have gone unsung. If we were to keep tallies she would probably start at 200 points or so. And i will give prizes! This isn't about the free year of blockbuster rentals but the pride in a mention in the family christmas letter.

kt said...

if you make an appearance in MY family newsletter is that worth a prize?

Trust me, I can make it happen.

Whits said...

That is worth something, I agree. But I suppose it would depend on what was said about me. As any good lawyer, my answer is it depends.

jlj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jlj said...

whit-
somehow i just deleted this...obviously i'm clueless....
is there a way to transfer points??? for some reason, that i don't remember at the moment i started collecting a few points and would happily turn them over to you if you can tell me how... if not, i'm sure i'll have some new ones to send your way.
it's all about christmas letter achievements...of course i try to sound as lackluster as one possibly can...
cousin janiece

kt said...

so I gave you a code. now the least thing you can do is POST again !!!