Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rookie Mistake

Today was a 12 mile day for marathon training. I got back from Seattle this morning at 620. I slept from 830-1230 and went out at 2. I should have probably eaten something more than a bowl of honey nut cheerios before I went out.

The weather was beautiful, a little windy, but I didn't have to wear my gloves, big coat, and beanie.
The one thing I kind of spaced...water. I didn't bring any money nor did I carry any water nor did I plan where I was going to get water along the Charles. I ran 11 miles a couple weeks ago and I didn't feel like I was going to die without any water.

Today was a little different. Towards the end the only thing I could think about was a tall cold glass of water. At the very end I thought I was going to die without drinking something. Thankfully I didn't pass out.

I told my friend Katie about all this on the phone a couple hours after it happened. She summed it up pretty well by saying, "rookie mistake".

1 comment:

k8 said...

i still think this begs to be in a training book. you are a texbook error.