Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Too Much TV

On Monday we had a holiday for Columbus day. Instead of working on my 30 page paper, I watched TV, went to the gym, and visited a friend. I ended up catching up with all the weekend TV and found myself sitting on the couch for over 6 hours. That's ridiculous.

I resolve to:

1. Stop watching Grey's Anatomy. The show has turned into one of the most annoying shows on TV. Who cares about Meredith and Derek anymore? And Izzie and George just don't work for me. I'm done with it.

2. Stop watching The Bachelor. I've seen other seasons, its just the same over and over again. You see the some of the girls self-destruct over this hot guy, you see some of the girls show their total insecurity on camera, you see some sweet but boring girls, you see some girls that are in it for the hunt, and you see some that are just pathetic and not classy at all. I'm tired of seeing all of it.

3. Always watch my shows with DVR. Its so much better when an hour show is cut down to 40 mins.

4. Read for my classes before TV. haha. Funny joke. That is never going to happen, I'm a 3L.

5. Not add any more shows to my lineup. I watch enough TV already.

So here are the shows that I'm watching:
1. The Office -- a given
2. Friday Night Lights -- a gift to the TV world
3. The Hills -- a 20 minute guilty pleasure
4. Gossip Girl -- I do it for the clothes and the boys are pretty in HD.
5. Pushing Daises -- its too Ameliesque to pass up

I think I can handle that list. I might add 30 Rock to the list.

Project Runway doesn't start till November, so I'm good till then.

I need to fill my time up with writing my paper, reading, running, and blogging. I think this is a good plan.

1 comment:

NatAttack said...

I very much agree with your "Must Watch" shows.

One of these days I should try a Project Runway. I'm sure the "obsessed with competition-based reality programming" gene would latch right on.