Thursday, October 04, 2007

Too much awesomeness


I haven't been able to blog as of late because my life has been filled with too much awesomeness. Last night was in particular full of awesomeness. I somehow got lucky enough to go to Game 1 of the ALDS. Beckett pitched, all of the season ticketholders were out, the standells who wrote & sang "love that dirty water" sang the national anthem, nat faxon (KIP from the movie Orange County) sat behind us, ellsbury played in the 9th, Ortiz & Youkilis homered...all in all it was just a fabulous game. I love baseball in October! Especially when its 70 at night.

Once the game ended around 9, I had some time to rest up a little before hitting the Middle East for some Minus the Bear action. Minus the Bear is my favorite band to see live...I saw them for the first time at Kilby Court in Salt Lake 4 years ago. I've now seen them 6 times. They never get old. My roommate Whitney came along and she quite enjoyed herself. My only gripe: too many people taking pics at the concert. Here's the thing...fine if you want to take tons of pictures in a huge venue...TD Banknorth Garden, Bank of America Pavilion, etc. But when you're at a small club, its just poor form. One or two is fine, but 50? The guy in front of me literally took 60 pictures, and I finally tapped him on the shoulder and was like...is that really necessary? Do you need 60 pictures of Minus the Bear? I mean...really? He must have been 18 or so...anyway I think he felt really dumb, as he should have.

I'm so lucky I get to see Minus two nights in a row. If I got to go to a Sox playoff game and minus two nights in a row...I dont think I could handle it.

1 comment:

k8 said...

the standell's sang the national anthem????

oh man, i am so so so so so SO missing boston right now.