Sunday, September 23, 2007

The King of Kong & Live Free or Die

After a couple of weekends in Maine, we decided to accept an invitation to lake winnipesauke in NH. I've heard much about the lake and I was quite excited to see it for myself and go waterskiing. Turns out I didn't waterski (I was too much of a wuss and it was pretty choppy, only wakeboarding water...) but I lied to Whitney and told her I would go after her. hahaha. Poor girl. She was COLD. I did end up getting into the water after we got off the boat and we were in the hot tub. The water wasn't bad at all, it was just windy and chilly outside.



I think this is an awesome pic of Cam wakeboarding.



Whitney got up for the first time. She was an instant pro. Though a cold instant pro.



Fun with testing my arm length...


The real star was Jared...getting some major air here.

If you haven't seen The King of Kong : Fistful of Quarters yet, you MUST go see this movie. Its only about an hour and 20 mins, but its pure joy the whole film length. It's a documentary about middle aged men fighting for the crown of highest Donkey Kong score ever. You think its a mockumentary its just so rich with humor & good lines. Part of the movie takes place at Fun Spot at Lake Winnipesauke. We were quite excited to make a pilgrimage to this famous arcade and play some of the classic games of old.

Steve Wiebe -- one of the main characters in King of Kong.

Billy Mitchell -- the other main character in King of Kong.

Whitney might kill me for putting this up, I have no idea how my camera captured that wild look in her eye as she approached the Tetris machine...but we can just say its a miracle and not question it.

PONG!
I played Frogger for a good 20 mins. You really can't go wrong with this one.

I LOVE this game and the fact its in such great condition. A true classic.

Me getting my butt kicked on the famous Donkey Kong machine from the movie.


Skee-ball : The game for the masses.

Live Free or Die, folks. Really.

Funspot was full of classic arcade games, it was quite fun. Although I had one huge gripe: No X-men! Boo. All in all, I gained a new appreciation for the good ole state of New Hampshire.

2 comments:

k8 said...

ah,lake winnipesauke. makes me all homesick for the East Coast.

nerak said...

Ok, that picture of Whitney kills me. It almost makes me reconsider my decision to cancel my trip to Boston this weekend. I miss that girl.

In other news, I love the interconnected mormon world, and the blog lurking abilities we all have. Thanks for the novel on my TV post, I so agree.