Sunday, January 07, 2007

Vacay

I can't believe I've been in CA for 5 days now. Its flown by although I feel like I've done nothing at all. A lil' recap for y'all on what i've been up to since I've been home in CA.

Tues night: Flight from hell, I was supposed to get in at 950, didn't get in till 1145. But thankfully I was picked up by my best friend Sara and we went straight to In and Out and I enjoyed a cheeseburger at 12:15.

Wed: Woke up early, walked the dish with Karren, Stacks banana-pecan waffle, and then the Haight for fun tshirts. Then down to Los Gatos for Chile Verde from David and banana ice cream which changed my life. After eating too much we settled down and watched Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2. Edited, of course but oh so good. This was pretty much an awesome day.

Thurs: Woke up late, went on a run around the neighborhood, picked up Sar in my mom's X5, went to In and Out, then went to the Pursuit of Happyness (highly recommended!). Then hung out at Sara's house and had dinner there and talked till my parents came home. As much as I loved having the house to myself I was so happy to have company, especially at night.

Fri: Woke up early, brisk walk with mom around the hood, up to UCSF to see my favorite endocrinologist who reminded me that life working at a law firm is hard, then off to Union Square in SF where we spent a lot of time at the Last Call Sale at Neiman Marcus. I scored big time. I found a pair of AG jeans for $57 that were originally $168. I also got a couple other things which I'm REALLY excited about. I got an Elie Tahari skirt, a white diane von frustenberg blouse, and a cute black and white Cynthia Steffe cardigan. After finding great deals we had lunch at the Rotunda restaurant.


The interior is stunning.


We had this amazing view out on Union Square.


The Rotunda serves you hot fresh popovers with strawberry butter. Oh so good.

I got the Beef Tenderloin Salad with organic mixed lettuce, asian pears, daikon radish sprouts, and spicy korean BBQ dressing. It was amazing. My mom had the seafood cobb. We were quite happy with our selections.

After lunch I poked around the cosmetics counter and then I was off to Niketown were I took back the jacket my brother got me and found a new running jacket that I cant wait to wear in Boston. It has a cool pouch where I can put my Nano and string my earphones through the sleeve.

We then went to Zara where they were having a great sale (one more skirt was purchased) and then we went to Burberry where my mom picked up a fabulous jacket.

Needless to say, our little morning trip to SF turned out to be an all day affair. We didn't get back till 630 pm.

That night I supervised Karren cleaning her room and I got to play elf for the night with her apartment gift from Santa.

Sat: I went down to Los Gatos for breakfast with Gordon. We went to Southern Kitchen which I had heard so much about. I didn't think it could live up to its hype but it really did. The hot chocolate piled high with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles was the perfect start to the meal. The denver omelette was SO good doused in hot sauce. I can't wait for a return visit to try the banana-blueberry pancakes.
After breakfast the Thomas' were generous enough to let me lounge at their place to work off the food coma. Lounging turned into an all day affair when David decided to make dark chocolate coconut macademian nut cookies that were to die for. I stayed until 530 chatting and giggling over a book about giant squids. Dont ask. Actually you should ask. :)
Sat night I watched football and Thank You For Smoking. (I dont recommend that movie, I thought it was really stupid).

Sun: I went to my home ward and the Stanford singles ward so I went to 6 hours of church. But I loved it. My mom's lesson was touching and really deep. I'm so excited to study the new testament this year. After church was more football and we had crab for dinner. Oh so tasty.

Now i'm off to game night at karrens. Im so glad I get to stay here another week. Does life get better than this?

2 comments:

kt said...

actually it doesn't. Life here is basically awesome but in Boston without me... well, you know the rest.

Lauren said...

whit- sounds like you have had such a FUN VACAY! hooray! goal accomplished! i am also loving being home and having time off of school. but i am excited to see you soon!!! i am also excited for the new testament, esp the opp to teach- such agreat learning experience. well, enjoy the rest of your break and let's get together asap upon our returns to the east!!! xoxoxo