Monday, January 29, 2007

Break Up

Dear Charles,

We've had an amazing relationship over these past few months. I discovered you back in March and its been pretty much bliss ever since. When I first started to get to know you I could only see you for short amounts of time because of my law finals, but this summer my love for you grew by leaps and bounds.

This fall I even moved closer to you so we could see each other every day. I can't get over all the fun times we've had. The late night hang outs, the early morning get togethers, and the mid day lunch breaks. I've gotten to see more sides of you this fall as you let me see you everyday with the beautiful weather. Sure, there were other boys in the picture, but I always came back to you.

So, this weekend when I was in Montreal, I contemplated The Break Up. Seriously. I thought, there is no way I can survive this icy, rough, windy patch with you. Although it was so beautiful when I ran with you that day after it snowed, now that you have frozen over it is difficult to be with you everyday. My face freezes when I see you. Literally.

I'm so glad I didn't call it quits because after coming back from Montreal, I realize that you are the only one for me. I can't go to the gym and I really cant find any better running routes that are close to where I live. Running around Boston just doesn't cut it. And the gym is lame. I think I grew a second layer of skin while I was up there because although it was 10 degrees outside when I was with you today, I still stuck with it and loved every minute of the sunshine blinding me off the white snow on your frozen cover.

I think we can get through this winter season together.

I love you Charles River.

Your hopeless romantic runner girl,

Whitney

2 comments:

JerzyGrl said...

I ran the Charles everyday last year when I was on a long February business trip and I can attest to how hard it would be to "break up" with that. What an amazing run!! You can do it Whit. Only a few more months of freezing torture...

k8 said...

YOU are insane. As much as I loved Charles I am much happier with my new boyfriend Pacific Ocean.