Thursday, January 25, 2007

Christmas time *was* here...happiness and cheer...

Before I start this post...one more pic from the roofdeck, taken December 2006.

Isn't that amazing?

So...this Christmas was simply delightful. There is nothing better than spending it with my family. My neices made Christmas so much more fun with their wonder and awe of the season. I was so thankful that I didn't get stuck in Boston after my flight was canceled due to Denver snow. Right when I got there I got to babysit and play with my neices. I could hardly function due to the 8 hours of sleep I had gotten in 3 days so it was funny when Sophie said, "Play with us Auntie Whitney" and I was like "I"m just going to watch". And she insisted again, "No, I need you to play Barbies with us." But then she didn't really get a response because I had already fallen asleep on the floor. (don't tell my sister!) haha.

The Ugly Christmas Sweater Party really got me in the mood for Christmas early since I had it on December 1st. I just had to post a couple more pictures. I was so proud of my little pine swag that Liz helped me put up the banister with lights.


The day I got to SLC my 5 year old neice Sophie played the violin for us.


Haley (3) playing innocent.
:)

A couple days after recovering, we all went out to see the lights at Temple Square. I think that last time I actually went to see the lights was when I was 6 or 7 so this was quite fun. It was SO COLD though.


Here is James and JB with his brother in law and Jame's cousin Jerad and Owen. James, my nephew, is the green bundle.

SLC Temple.



Purty lights.


Mom and Hales in front of the pink lights.

Me and Sophie.


Oh I miss her.


We took a bunch of pics of Christmas day, but Cam has all of them. I was so proud of my apple pie I baked for Christmas Dinner. It was beautiful and oh so good. I got really sick right after Christmas so I couldn't go skiing for a couple days...finally I got to go up with the whole fam.


Cam and I on the way up to Alta.


My favorite part about driving up to Alta/Snowbird is seeing all the trees caked with ice/snow. So gorgeous!


Snowbird and little cottonwood canyon have a special place in my heart because we went there every year for a week growing up. My favorite part of the drive up the canyon was seeing the HUGE rock with little sticks under it like it was being held up. People still put sticks there and its still funny to me after all these years.


Welcome to a piece of heaven on earth.



It was a perfect sunny day. A little cold but still perfect.


One of my favorite parts about skiing is the hiking up places to get fresh powder and skiing through the trees. For me the rush of going fast, going down steep runs, and dodging rocks is just as fun as stopping to check out the beautiful views and enjoying the beauty of all the mountains.


In the late afternoon fog started to roll in the canyon from the valley. So cool.


mom.



OK so I did a lot more in SLC than just ski a few days...but I have no pics to share...


Here was my favorite pic of the whole trip...my neices helping me leave.

3 comments:

the harrisons said...

Whit! That looks like so much fun! I wish I were skiing. How were your holidays? How is it being back in the grind?

Lauren said...

so this post really makes me want christmas time again. WOW! the mountains look gorgeous! and your nieces are sooooo adorable (a secret confession of mine- i want to name one of my girls Sophia).
i am glad you are bacK!

Linda said...

Nice! I LOVE the mountains in Utah...I think it just may be the greatest snow on earth (not having much to compare it too).

I think you should post some action photos. You know, like a Nike challenge. I can just see you and Cam competing for the best. I can't wait to see that!!