Sunday, December 31, 2006

Highlights of 2006

So on the eve of a new year, I have been reflecting the last few days about my favorite times from 2006. There are many. For your entertainment, I will list just a few.

  • Finishing my first year of law school. Seriously, I can't believe I made it.
  • Puerto Rico for spring break with friends and fam
  • Danube River cruise w/ my mom and some old people in May. I got to see Budapest, Slovakia, Austria, Germany and Prague and of course my mom and I stopped in Paris.
  • Working at a biotech this summer
  • Big Lake Half-Marathon after I ran myself ragged after finals
  • Lollapalooza and Chicago in August
  • Fourth of July in Boston, doing it up like a true tourist
  • A new nephew in March
  • My mom getting married in April
  • Opening Day at Fenway for my 23rd bday
  • Dominican Republic for a random Columbus Day weekend getaway
  • Nailing a REAL job this summer (what!?)
  • Going home 3 times in the fall
  • The leaves and weather this fall and winter in Boston
  • My apt in Beacon hill (did I mention the roofdeck?)
  • NY for a few days in August
  • Throwing a fabulous housewarming and ugly christmas sweater party
  • All the concerts I got to go to this year...too many to name
  • Being perfect through the first round of my NCAA bracket (I was so stoked)
  • Visiting Steph in DC and seeing her in SF again
  • Thanksgiving in SF
  • Skiing at my two favorite places Snowbird and Alta

I know there are more...I'll keep adding some :)

This year was one of my favorites for growth. I really learned how to deal with a lot of pain, pressure, and stress but I'm a better person for it. This whole year was a really good time for growth.

Bring on 2007!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

whit, what a year! loved it! only more great years to come, along with many more opportunities for growth.