Monday, October 23, 2006

I never want to leave Boston. Ever. (at least until next week)

So my BFF Karren from California came out to Boston this weekend after much coaxing. She lucked out on the weather --it couldn't have been more beautiful. Plus, she got to attend one of the most successful housewarming parties in the history of housewarming parties.
My sleep deprived week was all worth it for this weekend.

Friday:
  • Evidence (lesson of the day: dont take acid and then sell marijuana)
  • Spent 6 hours cleaning my room to make it presentable
  • Visited the old stomping grounds in Coolidge Corner
  • Went to Melissa for a trim and a fabulous head massage
  • Joe Johnston comes over at 730 to help with party prep (he saved me!)
  • 9:03 pm -- first guests show up
  • 9:30 pm -- about 20 people
  • 10 pm -- about 40 people
  • 1030 pm -- 60!
  • 11 pm -- most mormons leave and go to bed
  • 1130 pm -- most law students leave to catch the last T
  • 12 am -- dance party just getting started
  • 130 am -- last guest leaves
  • 200 am -- Karren and I giggle before going to bed

Saturday:
  • woke up before my alarm (again!)
  • Giggle with Karren about Cam's air guitar from the night before
  • Called peeps to gather for a scrumptous breakfast in Sommerville (although I normally hold a policy of never driving in sommerville, Sound Bites is the exception)
  • Moseyed for a bit
  • Joined Karren, Joe, Cam, Jeremy, and Brian for breakfast
  • Enjoyed Eggs Bene w/ Tomato and Avocado
  • Walked around Beacon Hill, Acorn St, Public Garden
  • Down to Milton for Pumpkin Soup, Gracie, lots of Diet Coke and great conversation
  • Sped back to Weeks Footbridge for Nada Surf
  • Caught the last half of Nada Surf (it was lame b/c the last time I saw them in Chicago, they played the SAME set....grah)
  • Moseyed
  • Harvard Square for quite possibly the best chocolate experience ever. And the novices felt sick (they aren't used to rich things I guess)
  • Lots of moseying
  • Mel's Bday Celebration
  • 10 pm...ran out of steam very quickly.
  • 11 pm in bed
  • 1 am awaken by roommate who forgot keys
  • 130 am purchased a tshirt I simply cant wait to wear
  • 2 am back to bed after nyquil and milk

Sunday:
  • Church
  • Forgot vegetables, drove home during sunday school
  • More church
  • RS board meeting (this totally took it out of me)
  • Picked up Karren's high school friend Jo for a delicious meal in North End
  • Pesto Tortellini
  • Chocolate Dipped cannoli
  • Cite checking when I wished I was at a fireside instead (but I found the cites! and let out a funny giggle/cackle/sigh/yelp -- ask karren)
  • GAME NIGHT. one of the things i look forward to all week. This was crazy nuts with so many people but still fun. And my brother and I and jeremy were on the same team so we cleaned house, per usual.
  • Went to bed very happy and slept VERY well
Monday:
  • Woke up before my alarm (again!) what! what! what! what!
  • Went to class and got to drive and park at my favorite broken meter
  • Volunteered in class at 10:07 am...what! what! what! what!
  • Came home, showered, giggled
  • Breakfast with Karren, I had the BEST bfast ever....one chocolate chip pancake, one banana pancake, and one blueberry pancake. Karren went with the delcious omelette.
  • Pedicures!
  • Jeremy Dittmer and Anna Dittmer and Newbury St
  • I bought my first johnny cupcakes shirt while wearing my new favorite red coat
  • Took Karren to the airport :-(
  • But had a dang good run.

Illustrations:


The roofdeck on Saturday was perfect for viewing such a gorgeous fall day.



Joe is like a foot taller than I am. Literally. 5'4'' and 6'4". (actually he informs me he's 6'5" if he stands up straight)


We are so cute.


Once they take off that green scaffolding, I'll be really really happy with that view.


We are so cute it makes me sick.



BFF .



Acorn St in Beacon Hill. Its the most photographed street in the US. And its dang cute.


Karren and the Big Yellow Tree in the public garden.


Me singing along with Nada.



Cam and I singing along with Nada Surf "Imaginary Friends". Hey calling alllll imaginary friends.


In Burdick's, I just ate my mouse and thats the tail hanging out.



I love this pic b/c of Blaire in the background and how I'm holding the box the mouse came in.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Whit-This is why we are friends. You are as crazy as i am. Who can't resist a choclate mouse from Burdicks..they are the best. No wonder you couldn't sleep and needed milk/nyquil it is all making sense. Hooray for game night (also my favorite part of the week).

k8 said...

whoa! last night corey and i were totally talking about the nada surf show we all went to together. good to hear we can still feel your vibes from 3000 miles away. i heard your party was the event of the fall-so sad we missed out.

kt said...

basically that weekend was dang awesome.

Brian said...

concerning the comment directed at the "novice" drinkers...I figured it out that it was the Monster drink I drank (drink I drank?) that made me sick. The taurine or ginseng or something in it made me want to vomit my insides up. I propose a hot dark chocolate shots drinking competition. Loser also changes her blog background.