Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Writer's Block

I had to write a 30 page paper over Thanksgiving break (it was a good thing I didn't have to write the WHOLE 30 pages over break...but nevertheless I still had to write probably 10 or so) and now I sit here trying to write another 4-5 page paper.

I'm figuring out how hard it is to motivate myself to do so. I'm trying really hard.

Instead of writing my paper this evening, I
1. went to the gym
2. skipped my night class in the name of writing this paper
3. watched 2 episodes of project runway
4. watched 1 episode of the hills
5. talked to 2 friends on the phone
6. showered
7. ate 2 bowls of cereal
8. purchased some super cute boots
9. called my mom
10. went into my roommates room to complain about the paper and generally bug her while she was studying
11. Read 4 fashion blogs
12. Checked ESPN.com about 20 times
13. Thought about christmas gifts
14. Made sure I had a place to stay in NYC for this weekend
15. changed into my pajamas
16. Read some of my apartment's former tenant's Entertainment Weekly
17. Typed this blog

Its 12:39 am. I should either go to bed and have another go tomorrow (its due at 3:30 pm) or I should get cracking.

I do have a couple of sentences, although they are poorly written.

The problem is, this paper is for a class that counts for 1 measly credit toward my law degree. So its hard to get motivated to do it. The paper isn't even a large portion of my grade.
*sigh*

2 comments:

trentathon said...

so why is heidi still with spencer?

k8 said...

oh man, let me just tell you how many things I did at work today to avoid the presentation i was supposed to be working on. my office is clean though and I'm BFF with our logistics Director (because i wasted one entire hour of his life just shooting the breeze in his office)