Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Wedding Planning...mah

I can't really emphasize enough about how wedding planning has taken over my life. It's true. I'm not high maintenance about anything and my mom gets on my case for "being too laid back" about the whole thing, but really there are some things I care about it, and others I don't. I'm glad that I've come a long way from "I have no idea what flowers I want" and "I have to choose a cake design?" to "I'd like this...this...and this..." When meeting with a caterer today he mentioned how I was so laid back and chill and didn't seem intense about anything. It's true. I think I'm a bridechilla. The only problem with being bridechilla is that I think I still have a lot left to do, and I'm kind of sick of looking at things and talking to people. So, for the sake of my sanity....I'm typing out a list of "to do" for the wedding so I can check things off, one by one. I saw this on someone's blog the other day and it inspired this post.

Here we go.

*Sign band contract and return, put down deposit, get band play list and choose songs
*Choose caterer by attending a last tasting tomorrow and telling the rest of the caterers "no thanks" (plus I need to go over the final contract and make sure everything is in there) and ask for references...
*Figure out a lighting company to help with lighting
*Look into dance floors
*Once flower proposal comes in, review and pick a florist (I haven't done this yet either!)
*Order favors (I already know what I want, so that's good)
*Rent a classic car for the "getaway car" (I'm thinking 1957 Bel-Air, one of my favorite cars ever made)
*Stuff wedding envelopes and assemble the whole package and figure out postage
*Finish addressing invitations
*Get picture printed
*Make sure bridesmaid dresses are fitting
*Get my own fitting for my dress
*Make sure Mike's tux is in
*Figure out what groomsmen will wear -- tuxes or black suits? I can't decide.
*Meet with photographer
*Find someone to do my makeup/hair
*Figure out flight/hotel for a friend
*Order special surprise for guests (it's going to be fun!)
*Buy airplane tickets for August (up to Seattle a couple times and out to UT)
*Help my sister with flower girl dresses
*Choose final cake flavors

I think that's it...

I have a long way to go...

It's kind of a good thing I have a month and some change. But at the same time I wish I was eloping and getting married tomorrow!

4 comments:

NatAttack said...

"Ordering a special surprise for the guests" sounds like something right off of Super Sweet Sixteen.

Is Snoop totally going to come and command the crowd to drop it like it's hot? I hear he's a Mormon now and on the reception circuit...

Whits said...

haha! So true it totally sounds like that. Instead of Snoop...something even better!

Funny also because the cake lady I chose actually made a cake for my super sweet 16 once. yeah. I can't believe I just admitted that.

CoCo said...

You basically described a typical day in the life of ME! (except not necessarily always wedding themed) which perfectly explains why in my personal life I like to not plan, b/c I get paid to plan ALL DAY!

Please tell me that the surprise is Chester Cheetoh. In person. AND he's going to arrive on a float singing Billy Idol's "Dancing with Myself" and throw bags of cheese puffs to all the guests. I'm right, right?!

k8 said...

so i have a friend in SF who had the most fabulous guy do her hair and makeup for her wedding-he even flew out to SLC to do it for her. if you want his contact info just email me.