Sunday, February 25, 2007

More Bounce in California

When I booked my ticket in October, little did I know that my flight to Huntington Beach to visit Katie and Corey would come at the perfect time. Two weeks into winter and I was definitely ready for some warmth and sunshine.

Upon my arrival (my flight was a little late and the direct TV was out...sadness) Corey picked me up and guess where we went first...that's right IN and OUT for my favorite cheeseburger with grilled onions. *sigh* Thank goodness for DVR b/c I didn't miss Greys and The Office. Both hilarious.

Friday morning I realized that the 6 1/2 hour flight was totally worth it when I got to take a nice long run along the beach in shorts and tshirt and being blinded by the sun. While Corey was at work I just slept in and took the run and got ready. When she got home we went to this fantabulous hole in the wall taqueria in Newport Beach and then headed straight for some high quality shopping at South Coast Plaza. I had heard about South Coast for years and was very happy to finally go there. I was in heaven with a Saks, Nordstrom, Chloe, Tory Burch, JoMalone, Coach, Barneys, Cole-Haan, Zara, all in the same place. My only gripe was that it was inside and we didn't get to soak up more sunshine. We got to the mall at like 4 and closed it down at 9 pm. The last stop was Ted Baker where I got this absolutely fabulous coat. (I had buyers remorse the next day, but heh lucky for me they didn't take returns so I"m stuck with it :) Then we headed to Claim Jumpers for a later dinner and Katie joined us. We all had the seared ahi tuna salad that had beets in it...just divine. It came with this garlic cheese bread that was oh so tasty. Followed up by some amazing dessert:


Mud Pie for the Masses is really what it should have been named.

Saturday we slept in. (The whole time I was there I slept like 11 hours every night, it was heaven). Then we went on a run, then we went to downtown HB for guess what...more shopping. The Shoe Lab on Main St where we all bought a pair of hot shoes. Here is Katie and I checking ourselves out.





It's a good thing Corey and I live in different cities b/c great fashion minds think alike and we ended up with the same pair of shoes. And they were on sale...even better.

We went to Wahoo's Fish Tacos for lunch. Simply heaven. If I lived in HB I think I'd have these everyday. It was great when I watched the first season of Laguna Beach this weekend that they had a scene in Wahoos. I felt all special.

When we walked into The Closet on main, I felt like I was back in Haight Ashbury. They had some fabulous pieces, but thankfully I didn't walk away with anything b/c I had done my damage the day before (plus that pair of shoes I bought on saturday, see above) But I did kind of like this hat. It looked better on sideways though.

My favorite pic of the trip. This happened in Burlington Coat Factory. Enough said.


Me & the one girl I know who loves Big Gulps more than I do.

Saturday night we saw Catch & Release. Nothing to write home about but I thought the leading guy (timothy olyphant) was kind of cute (even though he was the slimy guy...whatever). I still love Jennifer Garner even if this movie was trying to do too much. Kevin Smith made me laugh too. I wanted more of a romantic comedy, not like 5 plots shoved together incoherently. But I still enjoyed myself.

Sunday was Stake Conference and we got to hear L. Tom Perry speak which was a treat. I really loved his talk because he was so positive and really down to earth.

After church we headed south to Laguna Beach to meet up with my brother for dinner.

As we stood on the beach watching the sun set, I couldn't help but be overcome with gratitude for how beautiful the scene was. I think I appreciated it more being away from the sun and warmth for so long. For some reason the ocean was really turquoise too which made me very happy. I just stared at it for the longest time.


Dinner in Laguna was amazing..I had some Salmon something. Cam and I love taking pics together. haha.

So we were driving back and I decided I really couldn't leave just yet and I stayed for a couple more days. Monday and Tuesday I shopped, read, ran, and watched some more TV. It was simply the best weekend...I LOVED it. Not to mention Corey and Katie are two of my favorite people. Miss you guys!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

HOT SHOES

k8 said...

this weekend was seriously SO SO SO much fun. you need to come more often.

p.s. i wore my shoes to church to Sunday and got about a zillion compliments. such a good call.