Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

No reallys. I looked at the last time I posted and I'm embarassed.

I was telling Mike last night on the phone that I feel like I've been continually tired since April. This whole getting engaged, law school finals, graduating, traveling almost every weekend, packing up all my stuff and moving, starting work, wedding planning in my spare time thing has pretty much sucked the life out of me. The good thing is I decided to clear one thing off my plate and take the bar in February instead of July. (I really don't know how I thought I could do everything, but alas, that's me).

My mom and I are up to our ears with ideas, things we need to do, choices to make, and vendors to call. This is one of those things where you think it's pretty manageable and as you make more and more choices you realize just how big of a project it is. I keep telling my mom I'd be happy with a cupcake party and a band. Maybe that's what Mike and I will end up with. :D

A post that I imagined in my head about a week ago was lamenting growing up and being more responsible. On my facebook profile I've had my one activity listed as "avoiding responsibility" for about 5 years now. Registering for wedding gifts I think is one of the "I'm growing up" signs. I have to say I was pretty excited to pick a china pattern and pick out silverware that actually matches (well I have 3 spoons, 4 forks, and 4 knives to my name). But something that Mike and I laughed about for a good half an hour was adding a bag of cheetos to our registry. I'm so glad Mike is as silly as I am.

I promise to keep y'all more updated. Next weekend: the great state of UT. I can't wait for my neices to jump all over Mike. And I get to meet my new nephew!


And here's a pic of Mike and I from last weekend on Lake Washington. Seattle is really gorgeous when the sun is out (and when its not, for those 10 months out of the year, its still pretty).

4 comments:

trentathon said...

yay for more whit blogging

CoCo said...

You know who's TOTALLY buying you those cheetos right?! ME!!!

Lauren said...

i love that you found someone as silly as you! xoxo

Laura said...

wow, this was like reading my own brain. amen, girl.

my dad said he'd give us a bunch of money to elope. it took me about 0.001 seconds to heartily accept, at which point my mother firmly told me to "not pay any attention to the little man in the corner." hahaha. at least we can laugh about the process, even if it's a slight pain to get it all done... right??

...i wonder when jason and i will register... eek.